The following information will advise you how we collect, store, use and disclose your data when you interact with us digitally through our website and social media sites or if you use any of our services, attend our events, interact with us at trade shows, purchase from us or interact with us via marketing in any manner.
For the purpose of this Privacy Statement, the data controller is Gateway whose registered office is Allied Hub, Whitemill, Wexford Y35 XR22. The data subject(s) are our clients, potential clients or members of the public who browse our website, attend our events and interact with us having provided consent via our opt in procedures.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
When you use the website: We may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us, for example, on our online forms. If you contact us through the Website, we will keep a record of our correspondence and if you sign up to an event, training course or other related Service we will keep a record in order to process your request.
When you avail of our services: We receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, if you request a consultation from us, we collect personal information, such as name, company, telephone number, job titles and e-mail address, to provide you with services.
When you interact with us on social media: Data use is covered by the terms and conditions and privacy notices of each digital platform.
Information We Automatically Collect:
When you use our Website: When you visit the Website, we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, the pages your device visited, and the time and duration that your device visited our Website.
How do we use the information?
Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract: It is necessary to process the Personal Data provided by you to enter into and perform our contract with you as our client. Under these terms, we process your Personal Data to: provide services, including the processing of payments, to facilitate requests for services by you, to inform you about our events and updates.
In order to enter into a contract for services with Gateway you are obliged to provide us with Personal Data, if you do not wish to provide us with the required Personal Data, you will be unable to avail of Gateway’s Services.
Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests: As part of your engagement with Gateway, we may obtain, collect and process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest to do so, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
Consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes: As part of your engagement with Gateway, we may obtain, collect and process your Personal Data where you have given consent to the processing of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes, for example, to execute our services and to keep you updated on upcoming events.
Website: We will use the information we collect via our Website:
- To administer our Website, our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Analyse customers’ use of the Websites for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example but not exclusively to fulfil your request for services, or to provide you with information you have requested;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure; and
- To develop new products and services.
We may also use the information you send to us via the website to communicate with you via email, and possibly other means, regarding services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. However, you will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time.
How do we share and disclose information to third parties?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
Outsourced Providers: In order to maintain a high standard of service, we may share data with IT providers, professional advisers, auditors, marketing and analytics service providers.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also utilise Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, to better understand your use of our Websites and Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Websites, what pages they visit and what other sites they used prior to visiting. Google uses the data collected to track and examine the use of the Websites, to prepare reports on users activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected on the Websites to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Your Rights Relating to Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten – if you ask us, we will erase all data we hold;
- Right of access – you have the right to request all of your personal data we have. You can do this by sending us an email to email@example.com
- Right to data portability – you may, in certain circumstances, request us to provide you with your personal data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your personal data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate personal data that we have about you.
- Right to object – you have the right to object and be removed from any direct marketing emails.
Your Personal Data will not be retained for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this notice or to comply with our obligations under applicable law.